While we were waiting for some replacement router tongue and groove cutters, we decided to get on and finish the final piece of work we started last year in May, see Installed Dozens of Conduits and Pipes through the External Wall for Future Expansion for more details.
We had to wait because the location had a giant bag of insulation foam rubbish occupying the area, so only when we had emptied it, and tidied it all up, that we could gain access, to dig a large hole in the soil underneath the Bedroom One’s window. We drilled four holes through the concrete blocks, just underneath the slate skirt.
The first one was a 16mm hole for the copper pipe and connector, ready for cold water to irrigate the garden. The next two holes were drilled with a 22mm drill bit plus a short depth of 25mm to accommodate the pipe adapter on the back of the electrical waterproof junction boxes. The final hole was also done using a 22mm bit and this one is for the temperature conduit that is buried into the soil, going down 2 metres. We got out our vacuum to drill this 2metre hole!
The water connection had a temporary outside tap fitted so we can have access to water without having to run the hose right around the whole garden.
The last uncompleted job was to install the weatherproof mains electric socket up on the wall itself, we will do that in a couple of weeks when we can get into the other corner, Bedroom One is full of sheet material at the moment.