We resumed our work on creating the two diagonal Hip Rafters, putting in the bird mouth and slicing the bevel ends and getting both up and installed.
Then we measured the position for the four side rafters (two on each side for the E and G sections), cut in the 32degrees angled bird mouth using our standard template and then slicing another shallow wedge off the top ends. These were also taken outside, glued and screwed up into place!
And finally, we started on the “F” set of rafters (F1 to F7), doing the middle F4 first and then measuring either side of this central piece so we can get the exact spacing correct (being 611mm centre to centre) and proceeded to cut 45degrees bird’s mouth this time (after adjusting our template accordingly). We managed to complete F5 to F7 along with F4.
All is looking quite neat and tomorrow, we will complete the other three rafters (F1 to F3) and after that, switch over to making the Conservatory “dormer” framework which is the last piece of work to do to the roof before we start working with our Oak timber and manufacture the Facia board around the edge of the roof.