This morning, we finished off the 3rd row (7 more blocks), and then started
on the 4th row.
The end wall had another set of reinforcing bars placed horizontally and
then 3 more wide (215mm) blocks in a line, except that the last one near the
front wall needed to be cut down because the front wall on the 4th layer and
above are only using the 140mm wide blocks instead of the 215mm blocks.
We got the diamond cutter disc and our angle grinder, to slice an end off a
215mm standard block (we removed 75mm – the difference between 215mm and
Then We managed to do 14 blocks before we ran out of mortar. That is a total
of 24 blocks this time!