Today, we tackled the task of digging and loosening all the various pipes and conduits that run from the Garage to the House, and get them all laid out to come up in the Utility Room in a neat pattern.
There are conduits for the Mains Electricity, data / telephone, for the vacuum system and spare empty one. Then, there are the water pipes for things like the thermal solar heated water (there and back again), 6 pipes that run under the garage for pumping heat out of the ground, supply from underground rainwater tank located under the Garage, cold water feed from house to Garage and finally, the mains water supply from the Loke. Oh yes, I nearly forgot the compressed air supply from the Garage!!
It is a pretty network of criss-crossing pipes and conduits down in the hole
We used the edge of the foundation to screw an steel strap and used that to cable tie each pipe and conduit into a neat line.
We also used some wooden strips to create a framework higher up as well, to help to keep everything straighter up. Then, we stamped and thumped the soil back into the hole and make sure it was well and truly compacted hard down.
It is rather neat and tidy now, at long last, since this bunch of these pipes has been sticking out of the ground for 6 years!! Phew!