May 182016
 

This morning, we installed our Sun Shield covering over the long corridor.
While up there on the roof, we inspected, as we always do each year, the
quality and state of the roof felt, and discovered that there were two worn
patches right on the edge of the roof of our temporary living quarters. It
was the old original roofing felt that has gone brittle and broken through,
probably caused by birds or squirrel actions.

We got our flashing tape, nice 100mm wide stuff, and put several rows and
covered up the patch again. that was that! Hopefully, the rest of the roof
will survive the next year or so while we get our house built, and if
required, we will do running repairs to keep it weather proof until we can
move out!!

 Posted by at 5:27 pm