Today, we went out to find out how level and flat the ground is for where the footprint of the house is going. We created an attachment for both the batter boards and for the dozer blade on the mini-digger to generate the laser line and receiver respectively, to allow the mini-digger to move around the area and accurately push excess soil away.
We started in the middle to work outwards so all excess material (if any) is automatically out of the way. We have done half the house from the front door and everything to right of it. There is no excess soil in this section, there are lower points but we can easily fill these up with the output of our Energy Module installations.
We are very glad that we had done this job before we did any more Energy Modules as the mini-digger made short work on the task, but if we had discovered that we needed to remove this excess soil AFTER we had installed all the Energy Modules, by Jupiter, it would have been a massive manual labour job!!
On Monday, we will do the other half and then go back to digging and installing the Energy Modules.