Jul 032017
 

First thing this morning, we planed the four half-done long timber pieces left over from last week, down to the required 69mm thickness, using our power assisted planer machine. Then, taking these four pieces outside, we wondered where to put them and keep them out of the rain. So we decided to hoist up one […]

 Posted by at 6:52 pm
Jun 052017
 

This afternoon, we readjusted the sun shield over our corridor we did last week. It needed tightening up. Also, we reduced the height of the scaffolding tower down by one segment so it can be moved around on its four giant castor wheels easily when we come to installing the rafter beams around the steel […]

 Posted by at 5:49 pm
May 312017
 

We put up a new tarpaulin on our long corridor in our temporary living quarters, to block out the sun’s rays. We usually put up a sun shield each summer to reduce the amount of energy blasting into our corridor and making it bearable to live. We took an existing sheet of plastic tarpaulin and […]

 Posted by at 5:11 pm
Mar 142017
 

 Yesterday and today were spent levelling out areas alongside our Loke, so our building materials can be delivered and unloaded. We want to make sure that we can access each of the materials at any time, so each zone needed to be pointing in the right direction. For example, the long 4.8metres timber stacks will […]

 Posted by at 5:44 pm
Nov 262016
 
New Replacement Flood Light Created and Mounted

A week ago we put up one of the 300W LED floodlights. We made a timber bracket and mounted it above the pole above the camera. The bracket snapped in the high winds a few days ago, bringing it crashing down, luckily the light was not damaged. The old one was made of 63mm CLS […]

 Posted by at 1:02 pm
Nov 082016
 
Electric Box Wired Up

This morning, we wired up a 4 way socket strip inside the Electric Box with a RCD unit inline, but only after we had to change the supply mains cable from the Garage to another one! We discovered that during a preparative testing phase before connecting up the electricity proper, there was a “leak” between […]

 Posted by at 1:12 pm
Nov 072016
 
Electricity Box Installed

 The wooden box was painted with the bitumen rubber solution yesterday to provide a good rainwater protection, and today, it was installed outside beside the huddle of conduits in where our Utility Room would be. It was screwed down into the concrete using standard wall plugs and 4 screws, and the mains electric conduit cut […]

 Posted by at 4:31 pm
Nov 052016
 
Temporary Electrical Box Constructed

This afternoon, we constructed a wooden box to provide electrical sockets and a place to store a reel of cable, all inside a rain proof cabinet. This cabinet will be located beside the group of conduits and pipes sticking out of the concrete inside what will be the utility room, and we will stick the […]

 Posted by at 5:44 pm
Nov 052016
 

This morning, whilst it rained, we made an automatic pump to extract and remove the rainwater from inside our house footprint. The concrete  is open to the sky so we are collecting all the rainwater that falls down upon us! The pump is located in the sump up next to the Great Room as it is […]

 Posted by at 1:16 pm
Nov 042016
 
Electrical Conduit buried and Cable Threaded

Yesterday and this morning, we buried a conduit around the building site, from the garage at the bottom of the camera pole, all the way to the top of the garden at the wooden barrier at Mount Sod. A 1mm2 twin and earth cable was threaded through using a string, which  was first pulled through […]

 Posted by at 1:19 pm