We carried on with the repair work on Energy Module number 4, the module living underneath the entertainment room. We pulled out, on one side, the vertical insulation foam boards and then pulled out the bottom 4 layers, all 480mm thickness!
We could now look under the remaining insulation blocks around the edges and we dug out the silt from underneath and then tried to push down these vertical blocks of foam but they started twisting inwards so we ended up having to remove all the insulation anyway!
We dug out all the loose soil and got it back to the smooth flat bottom. This time, we remembered to drill our hole to push down the temperature probe conduit properly underneath the module!
Then, we started reassembling the whole unit back together again, keeping all the pieces together as they were originally fitted. We got as far as getting all the plastic crates back in place and it is all wrapped up in the rubber sheeting including the plastic cover too.
Tomorrow, we will finish the repair job and good riddance to the whole saga of rain water flooding our energy modules for the last time – we hope!