At last, we managed to get back out to work on our roof after all the twirling rain showers we had over the last four days – we had nearly 15mm of rain in total!
We carried on with covering up the “P” section of the roof, the last little bit left to do, going up towards the Skylight and out along the “O” Ridge we didn’t complete last week (this was because there was a complex bit of joinery where the “M” and “P” all meets at the kerb corner of the Skylight.
This concludes the “P” and last section of our roof, all the roof is now covered in a layer of 12mm plywood, ready for the next stage, this being the counter battens and then the tile battens with the breathable membrane between and then the slate tiles on top. But first, the next job is to do the Skylight module down the middle of the roof.
The rest of the afternoon was spent tidying up all our tools and equipment, including starting to dismantle our mobile extended platform so we can make use of the better quality scaffolding castor wheels to build up our working platforms for inside the house and up on the Skylight.