Jun 012019
 

For the rest of the week, from Wednesday lunch time to Saturday (with some interruptions), we got all the platform modules moved around to the next section of the house to work on. These modules have been up for about a year now, but at last we have moved them to now cover the roof sections, O, P and A plus a bit of N we haven’t quite finished yet.
There are 11 modules originally, we made another one and brought into service our old mobile platform (which is similar to two modules). They are all 8feet by 4feet in size and we butted them up together, going around corners and anchoring them together and to the house too, to make it very stable. Sometimes, we had to space some modules apart and we filled in the gap with more CLS timber and plywood boards.
Another safety feature was to mount a kick edging strip right around the outer edge of the total platform walkways and working area.

Platform-on-NO

Platform-on-NO

Platforms-on-P-A

Platforms-on-P-A



Finally, we moved our hoist system around to the beginning, near the Loke side of the house, and got it connected to the platform.
Materials-hoist-moved-to-he-front

Materials-hoist-moved-to-he-front

Next week, we will start work on extending out the Gable roof section of the conservatory and have that ready for the continuation of slating the roof.

 Posted by at 6:00 pm