Dec 202017
 

This morning, we ventured outside to install as many rafters in the “H” section of the roof but could only do two in the end before lunch! It was a tight corner of the building and our tower needed to be juggled into position. We got the two rafters up and installed, only to discover that we managed to get our tower stuck in among the rafters! We had to dismantle one top end of the scaffolding in order to make it slide out from under the rafters, and back into a more spacious area!! Eeek!

2-H-Rafters-installed-Rafters-

2-H-Rafters-installed-Rafters-


Then after a quick lunch, we resumed the task of creating the batch of “P” rafters we have prepared and we were successfully able to complete all eight rafters – Phew!
Rafters-P5-to-P21-Glued-up

Rafters-P5-to-P21-Glued-up


Tomorrow, we will spend all the daylight hours installing as many of the rafters as possible and then return back in the workshop to slice the bevelled angled cuts on the new ones we have done today. Those final rafters, we will put up on Friday and possibly Saturday too – double phew!!

 Posted by at 6:11 pm