The start of the week saw the roofs of both our Store Room and our Living Quarters get new coverings. The picture below is the image of it all before hand ..
On Monday, we got on with the Store Room, putting on five new strips of the standard cheap roofing felt, using the black bitumen glue and some nails around the edges. We released the transparent corrugated plastic sheets so we could slide in a new strip of the felt and then refitted the foam and screws.
Then on Wednesday, on the next dry day, we then put on four and half strips of the roofing felt on the Living Quarters, making sure we overlapped the old original joints of the old felt with plenty of bitumen glue plus plenty of nails too around the edges and along one of the joints near the ridge line that does feel the force of the prevailing wind coming from the south west.
We ran out of the bitumen glue so we are awaiting for more to come before we can finish this task of protecting our temporary structures, the last one being our garden shed, sometime next week.