Because of the bad weather coming later in the day and also more bad weather forecasted for the next three days too, we decided to tackle the small job of replacing the missing strip of roofing felt that got torn off in strong winds a couple of days ago.
Buying a fresh roll of roofing felt, the cheapest one going, and a bag of large headed zinc coated felt nails, we started by brushing any loose materials and then rolled out the 10metres strip. We proceeded to fold back each edge in turn and painted the two outer edges with bitumen glue and then folded the felt back down and followed by bashing in a line of nails for the extra security of holding down this strip against the next strong winds!
Mind you, it has been seven years since we had laid these roofing felt so it has done well to stay stuck down with just the bitumen glue and no nails!!