Jun 232017
 

The Bosch router machine suddenly stopped working while cutting the window on the “O” wall of the Great Room. It blew the fuse in the plug back in the garage! We managed to track down the problem to a capacitor which had blown up! We replaced it with a new one (measuring 0.15 microfarads 400 […]

 Posted by at 4:14 pm
Jan 262017
 

As reported in the previous blog the wooden crane leg was damaged, we spent the last hour of the daylight to repairing the damage . About two thirds the way up the leg, is a joint. The accident caused a crack in the smaller 63mm CLS timber that bridges the joint in the larger 89mm […]

 Posted by at 5:03 pm
Oct 242016
 
Overhanging Roof Panel and Felt Repair

 Today, we tackled a bigger problem with the overhanging roof section along the front of the temporary living quarters, especially over our front door! The wooden sheets that makes up the roofing structure has disintegrated in two particular sections. One larger one over the aforementioned front door overhang, and a much smaller section half way […]

 Posted by at 4:13 pm
Oct 232016
 
Roofing Felt Repair

This afternoon, we went along the temporary living building and repaired the section of roof adjoining the top of the wall, at the back nearest the fence. It is the side that faces the afternoon sun all year around and so the roofing felt has got thin and fragile. We had made minor patches to […]

 Posted by at 5:02 pm
Oct 052016
 

 And finally, we had to deal with a failed covering on our Timber Store located in our Swimming Lane. The tarpaulin has been completely “fallen” apart from being blasted by the Ultraviolet radiation from the Summer Sun! We didn’t know that the Tarpaulin was a non-stable UV material, probably a cheap and nasty one we […]

 Posted by at 6:01 pm
Jul 262016
 
Module Number 4 Repairs All Done!

 Today, we finished off the re-assembly of the Energy Module number 4, with the placement of the thick insulation boards around the outside of the module and then the lid on top. We did have to shift it slightly to make room for these side insulation boards but apart from that, everything went back in […]

 Posted by at 5:02 pm
Jul 252016
 
Day 2 of Module Number 2 Repair

 We carried on with the repair work on Energy Module number 4, the module living underneath the entertainment room. We pulled out, on one side, the vertical insulation foam boards and then pulled out the bottom 4 layers, all 480mm thickness! We could now look under the remaining insulation blocks around the edges and we […]

 Posted by at 5:55 pm
Jul 232016
 
Repair of Module Number 4

 We switched over from doing the foundation trenches and its shuttering boards, over to repair the Energy Module number 4 that had risen. We thought we might need the use of the mini-digger during the chore of getting the module back into proper alignment and depth again. So we started by removing the dirt off […]

 Posted by at 6:38 pm
Jul 182016
 

 We started the repair process on Energy Module number 4 (the entertainment room – also the smallest module) by emptying the water out and putting it into our other modules. We had well over 2000 litres to drain. We used a powerful water pump with a filter to suck out and move the water using ordinary […]

 Posted by at 6:23 pm