We spent the day inside our workshop to avoid more rain. It has been quite wet these last few days and we are having to do other work while we wait for better weather to arrive. So in our workshop, we did several different things. Firstly, we repaired the hood over the circular saw blade that serves both as a safety net against fingers touching the spinning blade, and the hood to act as a vacuum collection chamber to remove the sawdust.
We improved on the previous design to have two arms instead of one, and also these multi-jointed arms are much stiffer, thus making the hood much more stable and won’t bounce around anymore.
The second task we did, was to slice up all the remaining sheets of the polystyrene foam into lots of strips with width of 250mm.
We are about 25% through slicing each block into the required 38mm thick strips. We did this job because the weather got bad again and we didn’t want to get our plywood boards wet sitting on the trolley outside the workshop doors as we pass each sheet through the circular saw, so we switched over to do the foam boards instead.